Penn State Well being and the Faculty of Drugs have up to date the Journey and Quarantine coverage to make clear that each one journey — home and worldwide — is strongly discouraged presently. Moreover, Staff should disclose worldwide journey plans, whether or not enterprise or private, with their supervisor/supervisor earlier than departure, and once more after return, earlier than returning to the office.
Penn State Well being and Faculty of Drugs staff should comply with the Journey and Quarantine coverage and are additional inspired to comply with the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) Journey Tips in addition to the Pennsylvania Division of Well being’s new mitigation methods, efficient Nov. 20, to gradual the unfold of COVID-19, together with heightened masking and journey necessities.
As well as, Faculty of Drugs staff please see the rules highlighted in Penn State At this time this week to assist information you. When you’ve got quarantine-related questions, please contact Penn State Occupational Drugs at 814-863-8492
For Penn State Well being staff, failure to stick to the Journey and Quarantine coverage, the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) Journey Tips and the Division of Well being necessities might influence WELL pay eligibility dedication. If an worker voluntarily chooses to not comply with tips as issued by Penn State Well being, together with journey when strongly discouraged, WELL pay could also be denied.
Asymptomatic COVID testing is not obtainable to staff for journey precautions.
Starting Friday, Nov. 20, and till additional discover, Pennsylvania would require anybody who visits from one other state to have a destructive COVID-19 take a look at inside 72 hours earlier than getting into the commonwealth or, if a person can not get a take a look at or chooses to not be examined, that particular person should quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania.
Moreover, Pennsylvanians who’re visiting different states are required to have a destructive COVID-19 take a look at inside 72 hours earlier than their return to the commonwealth or to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania.
Masks are required to be worn indoors and open air if you’re away from your property. When open air, a masks have to be worn if you’re not capable of stay bodily distant (at the very least 6 toes away) from somebody not in your family your entire time you might be open air.
When indoors, masks are actually required — even if you’re bodily distant from members not in your family. Because of this even when you’ll be able to be 6 toes aside, you will need to put on a masks whereas inside if with individuals aside from members of your family.
Keep Protected, Keep Knowledgeable, Keep Vigilant
Assets and Reminders:
- Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) Journey Tips
- Pennsylvania Division of Well being Journey Tips
- Follow important well being and security protocols together with social distancing (i.e. sustaining at the very least six toes from others), put on a masks in public locations, steadily wash/sanitize your fingers and keep away from facial touching.
- Keep away from giant group actions with people exterior of your identical family.
- Keep away from public locations, particularly indoor eating places and bars, and different occasions that don’t adhere to social distancing or implement common masking.
- Monitor your self on daily basis for modifications in your well being and signs of COVID-19 (see definition of signs on the finish of this coverage).
- Keep away from contact with any particular person exhibiting COVID-19-like signs or with somebody who’s optimistic or suspected to have COVID-19.
- Staff ought to guarantee they’re monitoring and complying with native and state tips and limitations whereas touring.