Penn State Well being has delivered a brand new medical marijuana coverage for acceptable use of medical marijuana and for disclosure necessities and procedures. Coverage HR92 applies to all Penn State Well being workers, candidates and volunteers. The coverage does NOT apply to the School of Medication. In case you are a School of Medication worker and supervise Penn State Well being workers, you can be required to finish coaching relating to the coverage.
Penn State Well being workers will obtain an e-mail this week relating to required coaching on the brand new coverage. Evaluation the total coverage on the Penn State Well being coverage portal from the Infonet house web page.
Highlights of HR92:
- New workers and volunteers should disclose that they’re utilizing medical marijuana and supply a duplicate of a legitimate Pennsylvania medical marijuana card earlier than starting work in any new place or new job duties.
- Present workers and volunteers are required to reveal that they’re utilizing medical marijuana or once they start utilizing medical marijuana and supply a duplicate of a legitimate Pennsylvania medical marijuana card.
- Failure to reveal medical marijuana standing might lead to self-discipline as much as and together with termination.
- Staff and volunteers should instantly stop performing (or chorus from beginning) job duties in the event that they imagine their remedy will impair their job efficiency, security, or the protection of others.
- Staff and volunteers should not take or be impaired by medical marijuana whereas working and should not be in possession of medical marijuana on their particular person whereas working (together with in any luggage, purses, backpacks or comparable gadgets saved on work premises).
For extra data, go to mySolutions and seek for HR92 or Medical Marijuana. For extra help, contact the Human Sources Answer Middle at [email protected] or 717-530-8440.